Tuesday 31 July 2012

Hashtag Olympics

I have to admit that I'm well and truly gripped by Olympic fever. Sports I didn't know existed (canoe slalom?) I suddenly care about. Even watching the ping pong table tennis is fascinating viewing, though neither of the two playing at the moment are as good as Forrest Gump. As Denmark has a contender I am at the same time absorbing new choice phrases in Danish, which have been mumbled and bounced around our living room walls since Denmark took Spain in the handball (HVORFOR-SKAL-HAN-VAERE-SAA-GODE?!) so that's good, it gives me something to shout at when I go to see FCK.

The more I watch the Olympics, the more I love it. The more I hear people naysaying the Olympics, the more I love it. Though since the Olympics has started, the naysaying was killed - maybe it's because I've hidden the miseries on facebook or maybe it's because people got sucked into it as soon as Sir Steve handed the baton to our future athletes. I hope it's the latter because the atmosphere it's given London is undeniably incredible.

Well, I cannot write anymore because Philip has been watching the table tennis ... the German player cried like a Samurai every time he won a point (against Michael Maze of Denmark) and it actually has put me on edge slightly.

I'll leave you with a picture from my living room.











No comments:

Post a Comment